a cornucopia of ordinariness

 Some of the places I am visiting begin unexpected trains of thought. This little selection of brochures, plans and contemporary photos from my Kent and Northumberland trips are nothing more than a record of my collection! Nothing profound, I promise!  It includes a couple of site plans - why not try to match the photos to the exact location on the developments. A challenge I still love ;)

Starting in Kent:



lovely to see a 50 year old house looking so true to the original vision
Good to see a 50 year old house looking so close to how the builders left it!




These are on the site plan above

Now heading north, to Tintagel Close in Cramlington. My brother was the first owner of this one (c.1976), the builders messed up and had to build the garage down the street. Interesting to see that it is currently being extended. 






Now to Morpeth. Lancaster Park was a slightly upmarket development which was developed right through the 70s. It features on the main Leech brochure, providing an interesting historical snapshot.




And here's one I knew well, where my best friend lived! The design is all a bit back to front in my humble opinion.



Finally to Pegswood - an ex mining village just outside Morpeth. The first images show one of the 'nearly moved there' places of my early years. I seem to think it was the coal fired heating which was the stumbling block!!!




These are on the site plan ;)








Finally, coming a little later to Pegswood - built on the site of the colliery itself  in early 80s - a Leech Country Style home. The former Pegswood Co-op seen in the background. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making old things new

penny whistle

Time to sit down